During this up-cycling workshop you will bring along a well loved piece of clothing, that needs a re-vamp, or something pre-loved that you want to give a new lease of life to.
I will show you how to add decorative embellishment to your garment, by using a wide range of hand embroidery techniques including; a traditional Japanese mending stitch called Sashiko, but in a contemporary way.
You will sketch designs on to 'Stick n Stitch', which will allow you to easily embroider your motifs on to the garment. However, you could also draw free hand on to the garment by using white fabric pencils.
You will have time to create a medium sized embroidery or a couple of smaller embroideries during the time, however, if you would like to be more ambitious you could always start your design with me and continue to finish it in the comfort of your own home. The choice is completely yours!
- The workshop will start at 10am but please do arrive at least 10 mins early to allow you to settle in and make the most of your time.
- I will include a 30 minute lunch break (but if your creative juices are flowing you are welcome to work through)
- The workshop will finish at 2pm
What I will provide for you:
- Stick n Stitch
- Use of an embroidery hoop
- Use of a metal needle
- Use of a variety of embroidery threads
- Use of white fabric pencils
- A selection of pre-printed designs if you choose not to draw your own
- Tea and Coffee
What you need to provide:
- 1 garment you wish to up-cycle
Please do contact me via my email address should you have any questions.
**There is off street parking for up to 4 cars, as well as plenty of parking on the same street.
**There is step free access to the property.
**A bathroom is situated on the ground floor, however, regrettably it is not suitable for wheelchair access.